Inclement weather policy for MEETS:
- If it is stormy/rainy weather the
afternoon of a meet, here is the policy
of the league:
- Swimmers should come to the meet
at the designated arrival time (unless
there is a thunderstorm right then.
Wait until the thunderstorm lessens
and then head to the pool.)
- If it is only raining, we swim.
- If a thunderstorm rolls in, we
suspend the meet. We cannot get
back into the water until 30 minutes
after the last lightening strike/thunder.
- If conditions do not allow the start of
the meet, the teams will wait a
minimum of one hour from the meet
start time (5:45pm) to make a
decision. At that time, the decision
whether or not to cancel the meet will
be made based on time and weather
- If the meet has already started and
was suspended due to weather, the
teams will wait until at least 8:00 p.m.
and then decide whether the meet
can be completed or should be
- No swimmer may leave the meet
unless the meet is officially